Python Frameworks has been chosen by our developers to enhance the higher website performance and to reach the market. Here we have shown the difference between two different frameworks Django and Flask which are vastly used by us.
What is Django?
Django is an open-source and free web application framework, written in Python. Hence this web application allows you to develop complex code that is very easier and faster.
What is Flask?
Flask is a featherlight (Web Server Gateway Interface) WSGI web application framework. It is created to get things started quickly and easily, with the ability to scale up to complex applications. It is a simple wrapper throughout Werkzeug and Jinja in the beginning and now has become one of the most popular Python web application frameworks.
What is Django used for?
Django is one of the most popular Python web frameworks that encourage the rapid development of secure and maintainable websites. It provides an overloaded feature to add standard functionalities to any kind of web application. It maintains, debug, and keeps updating with new releases and thoroughly detailed documentation very easily.
Is Django good for web development?
Many of the top companies around the world use Django for web development. This comes highly with its robust and pragmatic design with robust features such as ORM, Django templating language, scalability, flexibility, Django admin panel, and the simplicity of Python.
Advantages of Flask
Here, are some benefits of using Flask
• Higher compatibility with latest technologies
• Technical experimentation
• Easier to use for simple cases
• Codebase size is relatively smaller
• High scalability for simple applications,
• Easy to build a quick prototype
• Routing URL is easy
• Easy to develop and maintain application
• Database integration is easy
• Small core and easily extensible
• Minimal yet powerful platform
Advantages of Django
Here, are some benefits of the Django framework:
• Django is easy to start and run
• It easily provides an interface for various administrative activities.
• It allows multilanguage websites by using its built-in internationalization system
• Django allows end-to-end application testing
• It helps you to document the API with an HTML output
• REST Framework has very high support for various authentication protocols
• It is used for prohibitive API requests from a single user.
• It helps to define patterns for the URLs in the application
• Offers built-in authentication system
• Provides multiple cache mechanisms for Cache frameworks.
• High-level framework for rapid web development
• A complete stack of tools
• Data modeled with Python classes Disadvantage of Flask Here, are cons/drawbacks of Flask
• Most of the cases come with slower MVP development.
• For more complex systems Higher maintenance costs
•Complicated maintenance for larger implementations.
• Async may be a little problem
• Lack of database and ORM
• To set up the complex project requires some knowledge of the framework
• Provides limited support and lesser community compared to Django
Disadvantage of Django
Here, are the cons/drawbacks of the Django framework
• It is a monolithic platform.
• High dependence on Django ORM. Broad Knowledge required.
• Fewer Design decisions and Components.
• Compatibility with the latest technologies
• Gives high entry point for simple solutions
• The larger size of the code
• Too bloated for small projects
• Underpowered templating and ORM
• Templates failed silently
• Auto reload restarts the entire server
• High learning curve
• Real-world scenarios are not covered by the documentation
• Allows you to handle with only a single request per time.
• By routing you requires some knowledge of regular expressions
• Internal subcomponents coupling
• You can place components together, which can create confusion.
• Flask does not support (Object Related Mapping) ORM framework. Hence, the developers are free to choose the ORM that fits their application. Where Django provides you with a powerful ORM and migration management tool which makes you get started easier. Django allows no of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, SQLite, MariaDB, and PostgreSQL. Flask supports both relational databases as well as non-relational databases like MongoDB. Flask has not any data models while Django has ORM in it which makes it easier to create templates, views, forms, etc, made by data models.
• Flask will definitely beat Django in performance and is significantly more rapidly than Django due to the fact that it has lesser functionalities, fewer layers, and is a lightweight framework. Django has a lot of functionalities when compared to Flask for rapid development and hence has a performance downgrade as compared to its counterpart, Flask.
•Flask and Django provide comparable mechanisms to prevent web application attacks and other threats. Django is an inbuilt system to prevent common attacks like Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF), Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), SQL injection, etc. This, back to back, helps to prevent or mitigate attacks that let an attacker carry out the execution of scripts in the browser, log in using the credentials of the different handlers and execute arbitrary SQL code in the database. As Flask applications are very smaller, It is easy to secure since there is less area available to attack. But as Flask depends on external security extensions, if the extension itself is compromised, this will result in the Flask web app being compromised.
Which is Better? Django vs Flask
• You should prefer flask if you want the granular level of control while a Django developer relies on an extensive community to create a unique website.
• Django is composed of the REST Framework which helps you to build powerful APIs. As Flask requires more work, so there are more chances to make a mistake.
• The greatest way is to build some basic CRUD apps with both Django and Flask frameworks and decide which framework fits your project style better.
Here we have discussed the difference between Django and Flask, which are the best Python frameworks for web development. We hope you have got some clarity about it. If you are up to designing any of the web applications using these frameworks, our developer is well-versed with these frameworks. You can have for developers by visiting our website www.adhocsoftwares.com